How I Dress Is None Of Your Business

CiattleWashington, Reporter

How I Dress Is None Of Your Business
Despite the fact that I socialize with different kinds of people, and can fit in almost anywhere; my sense of style is closely studied by others. As a freshman with a style like mine, normal, or “plain” wouldn’t be the first word I’d use to describe me, most likely no one would either.

Ever since the first day of school I’ve received compliments about how I look and dress. Girls continuously asking me where I get my clothes and how I put them together. “You need to come shopping with me,” is what I hear at least twice a week. Though all of this is flattering and I’d love to help with the positive there’s always the negative.

A little black dress, see through stockings, a jean jacket and black timberlands are my style. Classy, yet hard. I’ve got that pretty but don’t mess with me look. I love fashion, and I’m always wondering that I’ll wear next. I dress up on weekdays, and weekends are lounge days. I’ve come to realize in high school that may seem crazy.

What made you wear that? Or you think you can just rock anything? Who gets cute for school anyway? They’re compliments hidden with insults. They don’t bother me but at the same time. Why are you even worried? I dress like I dress because I can, it’s who I am. You’re plain and I’m not… Sorry not sorry. There’s no one here to get cute for honestly, I do this for myself.

I’ve noticed that most people who find how I dress funny, or dislike it, come to school in the same thing, yogas, or sweats, and boots. Maybe they’re too lazy? Maybe they just don’t care? But the difference between me and them is I don’t care how they dress. If the “bummy look” everyday is what makes them happy turn up then.

Everyone will always have something to say about you, whether it’s your body, your hair, of your clothes it will happen. The negatives motivate me. So every time I walk down the hall and someone looks at me funny or questions what I have on I simply smile,and laugh. If I’m not naked, don’t worry about it.