Welcome to the Bears’ Den, Class of 2020!

Freshmen get oriented with North

Yer Lee

All the freshmen filled the bleachers at orientation on August 18, 2016.

Jasmine Inthabounh, Managing Editor

Freshmen Orientation wouldn’t have happened without the helping hands of administration, teachers and the Polar Bear Crew. The Polar Bear Crew is a leadership team of students that strives to continuously improve our school and show school spirit at big events like Freshmen Orientation.

On Thursday, August 18, the Polar Bear Crew led incoming freshmen into the unfamiliar halls of their soon-to-be high school. Freshmen from all around DMPS middle schools joined together in the gymnasium to participate in challenging activities to prepare for high school.

The Polar Bear Crew led these activities that consisted of learning each other’s names, how to juggling multiple things at once and  how to deal with a variety of challenges. The freshmen also got to tour the halls with the crew members to learn their way around for the first day on Wednesday August 24.

The purpose of Freshmen Orientation was not only to get the new underclassmen familiar with North High, but to build relationships with classmates, upperclassmen, teachers and administration, and to inform them about what it’s like to be in high school.

Overall, Freshman Orientation was a major success for crew members, the faculty and the incoming new polar bears involved in the warm welcoming.

The Oracle wishes the best luck to the class of 2020 as they enter high school!