Homecoming Game 2015 Recap: North vs. Hoover

Ian McIntire, Reporter

It’s that time of the year again, the very popular tradition of Thursday and Friday night football. For North High students it’s a time for cheering on the polar bears and the time to let our school pride out. Homecoming was early this year, and North took on Hoover to make a close final score – 17 to 19. Hoover took the win in the last quarter.

The new athletic director, OJ Sinclair, opened up to introduce himself to the North High community. The main focus of the interview was to talk about the new field equipment, the new field lights, clocks, & score boards.

Q: Do you like your job? Why?

A: “Absolutely, I enjoy working with kids, working with athletic programs, what is better then both?”

Q: Why did North decide to get/put in the clocks, field lights, & score boards?

A: “This ‘wanting’ started before I had started here at North. The score board was also 15 years old, and we wanted our equipment to be first class, also of course because the team deserved them.”

Q: Where did North get the money to get these this new equipment?

A: “We partnered with Coco-Cola.”

Q: Why did you guys partner with Coco-Cola?

A: ” Scoreboards are expensive, lots of school partner with Pepsi or Coke, we sale their products and they take some of the bill for us.”

Q: How much did it cost to be able to afford these things?

A: “About $30,000”.

If you want any extra info on this subject or sports in general, you can talk to O.J. In the main office, his room is toward the back on the left side.

Even though North didn’t win, after the game there was great sportsmanship and high fives and pounds, no matter who won or lost, they kept strong, a positive attitude will get you far in sports.

Homecoming Game: Noah Lane, a varsity player is running the ball at the homecoming game North vs. Hoover, September 11, 2015.
Ian McIntire