North Flashback

North+Flashback

Alejandra Hernandez

A flood in 2003. A remodel in 2011. 15 new staff members almost every year. 350 new freshman every year. North High School has over come many changes, but will always stay the same. But have you ever wondered how North used to be?, if you have than close your eyes sit back and enjoy a flashback.

North high school has changed from students, to staff, to education.

Steven Benson feels that North is a drastically different place than it was even a few years ago. “Yes, very different from four years ago, since becoming a 1 to 1, it brings easy access to technology” he said.

Coping with a big change is something NHS had to do when they became a one on one school. “It’s all about choice, do you want it or do you not want it” ‘ Steven Benson said about coping with school change, he shortly added “It wasn’t a matter of coping it’s a matter of adapting”.

There is always a topic that tops the rest.”I would say it was partly the one to one, and also when Mr.Smith came to north he brought enthusiasmand it’s carried through administration”‘ Benson said.

As well as Steven Benson, Bryan Butcher believes that Mr.Smith former North High principle brought young energy and was more willing to try new things. But had North high always been this way…, well have you ever wondered what the young teens were like, if we were any way different from them today?.

To Bryan Butcher teens have always been the same, teaching for Fourteen years he has come to realize that the only thing that has changed is “One thing is that the hoodie and dropping of pants have become more used” Butcher said.

Changing here, changing there has brought a big difference to the public eye on how they view North high,one thing that will never change will be the heart and dedication given by the staff over the years and sometimes saying goodbye doesn’t have to come soon. “I wouldn’t leave to just leave North high school, I doubt I would leave just to leave, life happens, it mite be Heath it mite be family” “21 years, I’m still here” Benson continued to add.

As well as Benson, Bryan Butcher does not plan on leaving his journey here at North just yet.

North like many other schools has come over judgement

“We’ve had ups and downs than mellow, we weren’t working that hard, than Mr. Smith brought enthusiasm and its carried on”. Steven Benson said.

North high school has overcome many changes, and in a way we’re still the same.