Technology in classes is not for me

Jesse Primrose – In 2010, North High School received a new principal; his name is Matt Smith. Smith brought with him new teachers and laptops. The teachers were trained to use the laptops to benefit the students learning environment.

For the responsible students, the laptops did what thy were supposed to do, but for certain students it was more of a distraction then a useful item in classroom.

For me it was a distraction because I played online games on websites, social media sites, and download computer games. When I went home I didn’t study or do homework, I plugged in my laptop and watched anime show’s online. In school, I could have had better grades on my report card if I did the work I was supposed to do. By not doing my work I had lower grades then what I could have had.

This year since they are trying to get iPads instead of laptops, I’ve been paying more attention in class, doing my homework and finishing it.

Without my laptop I don’t have the urge to play, watch or use technology as much. Im also keeping up on projects and homework assignments much better and getting them done and turned in on time.

So in my opinion, without the distraction of my laptop I am a better student and more focused on school then playing games and other distraction’s from class. 

Hello, fellow students.Im a 15-year-old sophomore and I’m a poll panda and birthday basher. What interests me are movies, books, and what the directors of movies think about when recreating a book into a movie.