First Year Principal Brings New Ideas to the Table for the New School Year.

Kelsey Ambrose

First year principal Michael Vukovich says the decision to become North High’s new principal was an easy decision to make. 

“I’ve worked in education for eleven years, administration four years now, and being principal at North in my opinion the best job in the country,” Vukovich said.

Throughout the 2013-2014 school year, there are a few new goals to be met. More community involvement, much more school spirit, and higher test scores. As Vukovich explained, there’s much more that needs to be done to make these goals happen. Not only does there need to be higher expectations, and more provided opportunities, but student feedback. It’s all about the students at North.

Student success at North is what Vukovich is really focused on this year, the students are the future, and helping them along the way is what will help them to succeed. When you walk into North, you are representing North High School. You are representing the staff, students, and you are representing yourself.

“The expectation is greatness.”

Not only do students at North have to focus on the big picture this year, but Principal Vukovich also has many things to focus on, and work towards, “Being principal, the buck stops here. When things go well, that’s great but when things go wrong, that’s when I need to look in the mirror and see where I went wrong,” Vukovich said.

With the higher expectations and goals for this year, Vukovich, along with the rest of the North High staff is eager to see students improve from previous years, with the right mind set from students this could be a year to remember.

I’m Kelsey Ambrose, a 15 year old sophomore. I like Dr. Pepper and glitter. #TurnUp