North High’s First Home Game

North High’s First Home Game

On August 30, the North High students took the stands as Principal Mike Vukovich pumped the students up for North’s first home game against Council Bluff’s Jefferson. The North High Oracle sponsored a tailgate that brought up to 200 students who then marched across to the stadium.

1. Everyone make it out to this! This Friday 5pm in the Staff parking lot! Hot Dogs and drinks for $1! #nhsoracle #pride twitter.com/NorthHighOracle…
  2. #band #video #nhsoracle
  3. CHECK OUT SOME PICTURES FROM FRIDAYS TAILGATE!! fb.me/1WFbKjKwf
  4. Playing some ladderball at the first NHS tailgate! fb.me/2Bp5dcn9P
  5. Principal Mike Vukovich grilling some hot dogs for the very first NHS Beargate! fb.me/2TYpWwa7b
  6. Moving from The Tailgate to the game! fb.me/Us1RT7Ud
  7. The 100 degree heat did not stop us from tailgating! Many students, parents, teachers, & administrators munched on hot dogs & played games!
  8. Welcome to the 2013 Polar Football Season! Shymere Williams for the 90yd kickoff return to start the season!
  9. Warrick stops the Little Jackets at the 16yd line!
  10. North vs. CBTJ: 1st & 10 TJ. Gain of 4, 2nd and 6
  11. North vs. CBTJ: Gain of 3, 3rd and 3: GOOD STICK IN THE BACKFIELD BY NORTH! 4th and 5
  12. North vs. CBTJ: Punt by TJ, 22 yd return by Shymere Williams. 1 & 10 North!
  13. North vs. CBTJ: Punt by TJ, 22 yd return by Shymere Williams. 1 & 10 North! No gain, 2nd & 10: Run by KJ Davenport. Flag on the play.
  14. North vs. CBTJ: 2nd & 20 for NHS: D’port keeps it for an 11 yd run. 3rd & 9: Pass incomplete. North will punt
  15. FB North vs. CBTJ: 1st & 10 TJ, North leads 6-0: Stop by Ginn, 2nd & 5
  16. FB North vs. CBTJ: TJ running well, gains another 1st down. TJ in hurry up offense. Another hard run for TJ. 1st & 10
  17. FB North vs. CBTJ: TJ in North territory. TO North.
  18. FB North vs. CBTJ: ANOTHER KO RETURN FOR A TOUCHDOWN BY CALVIN LOVAN. 80 YARDS, NO FLAGS! Extra-point blocked. North 12, CBTJ 7.
  19. Calvin Lovan runs back a kickoff and North leads 12-7! Two KO returns for the Polar Bears tonight. #iahsfb
  20. FB North vs. CBTJ: TO on downs. 1st & 10 TJ. Injured player is Williams (#9). Time out for a water break!
  21. Other scores around the CIML: Dowling 14, SEP 7 (2nd); Johnston 21, Lincoln 0 (2nd); Urbandale 35, Ft. Dodge 0; Valley 14, Waukee 0 (1st).
  22. FB North vs. CBTJ: At the end of the 1st quarter, your Polar Bears lead the TJ Yellow jackets 12-7. TJ taking advantage of the run game.
  23. FB North vs. CBTJ: Ball on North 13. Short gain, 2nd & 7. Good run for TJ. 1st & G for TJ on the 1. TD Yellow Jackets. TJ leads 14-12.
  24. FB North vs. CBTJ: Onside kick attempt by TJ fails. North takes over in better field position. 1st & 10 on the 50. TO North.
  25. Analyst: TJ is not respecting North’s offense at the moment. Off. staff must find a way to get Williams the ball to flank their defense
  26. FB North vs. CBTJ: Analyst: North has had three scoring possessions & have failed to convert on them. Score could be 28-14 North.
  27. FB North vs. CBTJ: 3rd & 9 TJ: Incomplete. Penalty vs. North (roughing the passer), 1st down TJ.
  28. FB North vs. CBTJ: FG attempt NO GOOD. Polar Bears hold them with 2 minutes left in the half. Officials TO.
  29. FB North vs. CBTJ: 1 minute left in the 1st half. Score is still close! 14-12 CBTJ twitter.com/nhspolarbears/s…
  30. FB North vs. CBTJ: CBTJ scores with 9 seconds left in the half. They lead 21-12.
  31. Brennan Whisler reporting: CBluffs leads 28-12 in the 4Th, harlem shaking going on in student section.
  32. FB North vs. CBTJ: Final score: CBTJ 35, DM North Polar Bears 12.
  33. Game Report: First Football Game of the 2013 Season Highlighted by Special TeamsBy Derek Young
    Oracle Sports… fb.me/1QpHHqMVz

Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to
or comment.

Liked!