Are we done yet?

Austin Pitts, Reporter

May 23, that date passes year after year, yet it means nothing. But here we are on the brink of graduation and it is creeping closer and closer. And when I say creeping, I totally, absolutely, 100 percent mean creeping.

Time just doesn’t move fast enough for my liking. If it was my choice we would just graduate right now. I mean why can’t we? Its not like we have the motivation anymore. Senioritis, is what most of you underclassmen call it. I call it just plain done, physically, mentally, emotionally, and overall done.

Let’s just call it quits. I mean who wants to do homework now? How are we going to benefit from turning in work? I mean most of the homework they want us to do isn’t even graded anymore. So, why would we spend our time (which is very limited juggling other things – if I do say so myself) doing homework that literally means nothing in terms of grades.

As our senior year draws to a close, the last stretch seems to be the longest. The many seasons of sports that we played, last semester flew by so quickly and all we want is the last month of school to happy. Most of us have little motivation to do anything, sweatshirts and sweatpants seem more prevalent nowadays. We have one highlight of high school left and that’s prom. We’ll go all out for prom and and that brings our school year to a close. But for now, all we have to look forward to is the dreaded school days leading up to prom, and then the nail biting finish.

Seniors all over the country have the same dilemma. Teachers assign a ton of homework questions that we don’t want to finish. We only want to know the answer to one question; Are we done yet?