Soaking in the scholarship

Senior Moriah Ross signs a scholarship with the University of Missouri

Moriah Ross signing her scholarship

At 3:30 this Tuesday afternoon, senior Moriah Ross signed a scholarship to the University of Missouri. Moriah started swimming when she was six years old, and as of today she has broken two North records and one metro conference record.

The North records were completing the 100 yard butterfly in 58.26 seconds, and completing the 50 yard freestyle in 24.94 seconds. The metro conference record was completing the 100 yard butterfly in 1 minutes and .39 seconds.

This year Moriah ranked 11th in state for the 100 yard butterfly. She also made 2nd in state for breaststroke. This was Moriah fourth time being 1st in team All-State by finishing top three in the state for breaststroke.

Moriah Ross goes to put her hair in a ponytail, saying thank you a million times over is a lot of work
Hatte Kelley
Jenna Jensen, Moriah Ross, and Rachael Nash all embrace over Ross's accomplishment
Hatte Kelley
Jenna Jensen, Moriah Ross, and Rachael Nash all embrace over Ross’s accomplishment
Rachael Nash and Moriah Ross, both seniors on the swim team, enjoy each others company at the ceremony
Hatte Kelley
The swim team enjoying cookies and lemonade together, and reminiscing on the year
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross excited about her future
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross excited about her future
Moriah Ross and from left to right: Dessa Fisher (freshman), Jordyn McNair (sophomore), Rachael Nash (senior), Emma Mattes (freshman), Jenna Jensen (freshman), and Sheshay Alarcon (senior)
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross and her family in the alumni room
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross signing her scholarship
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross signing her scholarship
Moriah Ross signing her scholarship
Hatte Kelley
Moriah Ross signing her scholarship