This I Believe: Get Involved at NHS

Rayshawna Collier, Reporter

This I Believe

Schools have a lot of after school sports, activities and clubs to choose from. I think that more people should get involved in extracurricular activitys. If you don’t have a job or just bored after school it’s always good to do something that will help you in the long run. Doing a sport or joining a club is a good way to make new friends or meet new people especially when you are a freshman because you are new and maybe shy.

Doing a sport or joining a club is a good way to make new friends or meet new people especially when you are a freshman because you are new and maybe shy.

Doing a sport can help you in a lot of ways. It can help you get in shape, since you have to have a C or above to play it can help you keep your grades up. Also, there are study tables so if you don’t like asking for help in class then you can go during that. Or if you’re not comfortable asking your teacher, you can ask a teammate and those help you keep up with work and keep you on track. Also an extracurricular activity can get you scholar ships and it looks good on a college application.

Clubs are good to join too because they have clubs that may have to do with a career you want to have like drama would be good to join if you want to be an actor/actress. Or maybe you could take classes that have something to do with the career you want like choir if you want to be a singer. Swimming if that’s what you love to do. Art if you like to draw, photography if you’re good at taking pictures. They’re a lot of classes you can take and you can do extra work and get involved with after school things which I think is good and makes you look like you care and like your school. This I believe: you should be in an extracurricular activity.