Like, reblog, and tweet: Nathaniel Cobb, A well known social media user at North

Madison Houska

Nathaniel Cobb, senior, has made $7,000 from being interesting on social media.

Madison Houska, Reporter

Nathaniel Cobb, known to many as “Nate” is considerably famous for your average high schooler.

Nate is a senior at North this year, however his first experience with social media apps began during his eighth grade year. His friend in eighth grade introduced him to Tumblr and he joined; after about a year he then began making friends with other Tumblr users that had larger amounts of followers. “Just being friends with these people and talking to them online, I started becoming more popular,” Nate said.

On Tumblr, Nate followed a style of blogging called “Quality”. Often described as all high quality pictures of random stuff; posted by mainly young teenagers. His friend also introduced him to Google Adsense because he was gaining a lot of followers and blog views. “At one time, I had 100 people viewing my blog at once,” he said.
Nate explains Google Adsense “basically I would put random ads on my blog, and every time someone would view it, I would gain around 20 cents.” It lasted for around a year and it took place mainly during the summer entering his Sophomore year. By the course of about seven months, Nate had accumulated about $7,000. However he deleted the blog after awhile because he lost interest.

From there he switched to using Instagram and Twitter. He currently has obtained about 10,000 followers on Instagram and about 16,000 followers on Twitter.

Nate often uses Twitter as a outlet to post humorous commentary regarding his everyday life. As far as Instagram goes, Nate just sticks to posting your ordinary “every day” pictures with a random caption attached.

For example, Nate recently posted a few pictures of himself on Twitter with the caption “I found my jean jacket”, which is nothing out of the ordinary. The post received 46 retweets and 351 favorites and several replies to the post. A few of the replies being, “cute” by one user and “ur so precious” by another.

All in all it is clear that his followers love him, and his tweets certainly make their way around our social media networks.