Early Years of “Andrew Campbell”

Hannah McNichols, Opinion Editor

“I got my hat at a gas station.” Says 26-year-old Brandon Jones. From just hearing his name you probably don’t know who he is, but if you’ve watched ABC’s hit show Pretty Little Liars recently he is possibly “A”.

Jones plays Andrew Campbell, a nerd in season one but now Aria Montgomery’s (Lucy Hale) hunk of a boyfriend.

Born on May 7, Jones grew up in North Carolina. He was raised as an only child in the town of McLeansville. At Northeast Guilford High School, Jones was involved in sports as a member of the football, track, and wrestling teams.

In high school Jones was the stereotype of a jock. Jones said he hated reading but now that’s all he does, it’s what his job requires.

His original plan coming out of high school was to go to college on a football scholarship but when an accident happened his scholarship was taken and left clueless.

In early 2009, Jones drove cross country from his east coast home to move to Los Angeles and began acting soon after.

In 2009, Jones starred in 90210 as his first time considering himself an actor. His first big role was Pretty Little Liars followed by The Fosters, which he was scripted out of.

On Wednesday, March 25 our newspaper advisor, Jennifer Dryden was at the capitol rallying for our education when she ran into Jones. Recognizing him she “fan girled” over the recent season finale of #BigAReveal where he is assumed to be “Charles”. Jones was working on a political show for a local station that will involve Joe Biden.

Jones says he doesn’t know who “A” is and won’t until the directors and writers are ready. The cast of Pretty Little Liars gets their scripts for four hours at a time and after that they disappear.

“A” has an identity that only a select few know and until the season premiere starts back this summer, that’s how it will remain.